Ranelagh Harriers will make every reasonable effort to ensure all our events are run in safe environments.
It is the responsibility of all participants to consider any known medical conditions and/or consult with a medical professional before entering or competing in any event.
This disclaimer applies to all Ranelagh Harriers’ events.
By participating in any our events, you agree:
- to abide by the rules of the event and any additional instructions;
- that it is entirely your decision to take part and that you are participating entirely at your own risk;
- that you will participate in a manner that is safe;
- that any personal equipment you use is your own responsibility;
- to abide by the rules of the location; to accept that you will be liable for any damage caused (knowingly or
- to behave in a manner that befits any sporting event, and that any misbehaviour may result in disqualification.
UKA is the national governing body of the sport of athletics in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland under the jurisdiction of World Athletics and, for Para Athletics, the International Paralympic Committee.
In line with their commitment to anti-doping, we agree that the principles of integrity, fairness, equity and respect are key values which are essential to meaningful sporting success. The illicit use of Prohibited Substances and Methods wholly undermines these principles and may also damage the reputation of sport and the health of athletes.
Entrants to our events should be aware of their responsibilities and acknowledge awareness of the UKA anti-doping rules and by entering, will agree to the following statement:
I agree to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules. The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics, for 12 months from the date of entry, whether or not the licence holder is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK.
Distances & Ages
Where appropriate, our events will adhere to the rules as set out in the UKA Rules for Competition.
Cross Country Maximum Distances
- Under 13 years | 3,500 metres
- Under 15 years | 5,000 metres
- Under 17 years | 6,500 metres
- Under 20 years | 10,000 metres
- Seniors | Unlimited
Road Maximum Distances
- Over 11 – Under 13 years | 5,000 metres
- Over 13 – Under 15 years | 6,000 metres
- Aged 15 years | 10,000 metres
- Aged 16 years | 15,000 metres
- Aged 17 years | 25,000 metres
- Over 18 – Under 20 years | Marathon
- Seniors | Unlimited
- Masters | Unlimited